The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- 存量房市场多家入局 长租公寓涨价背后存资本推手
- Fixed Income Securities
- 三大指数冲高回落 地产板块下行多股受累下探
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 杭州约谈58同城等３家网上房源发布平台 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 刘永富：今年我国将再减少1000万贫困人口 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 北京家具以旧换新惠及郊区消费者: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 市场拐点已至 美国近两年购买LED灯的人数倍增 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 6月房价涨势放缓 地王致一线城市环比涨幅放大
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 合租要迎春天？ “群租”“合租”界限仍需明确
- 中国钢铁业去年亏损超千亿 企业被指以“自杀”方式争市场
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- 与此同时，“全民基本收入”理念的热心支持者将会关注芬兰正在进行的一个试点。在法国，埃马纽埃尔马克龙(Emmanuel Macron)将在2018年审慎拿捏，改革劳动力市场，希望在不加大工人不安全感或激怒工会的情况下注入灵活性。
- 住建部对30城启动房地产专项治理 打击投机炒房、“黑中介”
- 木林森击败Cree 封装排行榜窜升至第三名
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
The result has been increased ratings this regular season. Everything has been flipped. The offseason is thrilling, "stay on your phone every second checking what's happening" drama. The regular season is fascinating and competitive, with superstar matchups and explosive performances every night. The playoffs? Ho-hum, the Warriors win again. What's interesting is that this might be an actually better growth strategy for the league. A dynamite dynasty to attract the casual viewers who only want to see greatness, a super-compelling offseason and intriguing regular season to keep the die-hards engaged. It flips the standard models on their heads, but it also makes the best use of the NBA's ever-expanding digital presence.